Me

Me

Monday 9 January 2012

Turkey and 'Cor'Blimey' Burgers!


Well "Operation Fat Cow" has gone very well this week. I feel better for it already! 2lbs and 3 inches lost (over my waist/belly and hips) since last Monday!
But apart from the exercise, the thing i'm loving most is the food! Yes me! Mrs comfort and stodge and yummy McYummerson is really enjoying lean meats, and LOOOOADDDSSS of veg!!
So when I did last weeks shop I chose lots of lean proteins and fish fillets. One item I chose was turkey mince. I often substitute chicken for turkey as its so much cheaper! And if cooked correctly can be really yummy AND nutritious at the same time!
Even though i'm not following the Slimming World diet, I do sometimes cook some of their recipes as they're really nice! One recipe I saw was for Turkey and Courgette burgers. Knowing how fussy my daughter is with vegetables this seemed perfect to hide and get some much needed veg inside her!
I adapted the original recipe though to add more flavour and tailor it more to 'my' tastes.

450g pack of Turkey Mince
50g Turkey ham chopped very finely
2 spring onions chopped finely (greens and all)
1 courgette grated finely
1 garlic clove crushed
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2tsp ginger
1/4tsp cinnamon
Pepper

- Mix ingredients altogether, get your hands in there and sqwudge it altogether! Messy but fun!
- Divide into six burgers (or less if you want them bigger) and place on lined baking tray and leave in fridge for half an hour to firm up.
- preheat oven to 190degrees
- Place in oven for 20-30 minutes

I served mine with Healthy chips (using my Actifry) and a big salad. I have leftovers for tomorrow's lunch where i'll have it in a wholemeal roll.

They were SO yummy!!! I tried to keep them as low fat as possible so no egg yolk or breadcrumbs to bind. They didn't need it they weren't sloppy and usually turkey mince can go quite dry but the use of courgettes kept them wonderfully moist! PLUS and this is a major advantage it gets veg in the kids without them realising! Seren wolfed down her burger not realising she was eating 'greens'! hehe
The use of turkey ham was an addition by myself as I like the smokiness and it really added a nice touch to the burgers it was quite subtle but really nice.





No comments:

Post a Comment